Circulation Desk Substitute
Part-time: less than 20 hours/week including some evenings and weekends
Salary Compensation is contingent upon experience and education.
- Library experience preferred, or equivalent experiences indicating an ability to assume the responsibilities involved
- Excellent customer services and communication skills
Under the supervision of the Director, the Circulation Desk Substitute is responsible for maintaining a positive and friendly atmosphere while helping patrons at the circulation desk.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- pack and unpack materials for daily shipment
- help patrons
- checking in and out materials
- shelving materials
- neatening library spaces
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with the public, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers
- Ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Library policies, services, and programs
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 lbs.
If interested, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes received before Friday, August 21 will be given first consideration.
The Milton-Union Public Library provides an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perception thereof, marital status, status as a veteran and sexual orientation.